Monday, March 17, 2014

17 March 2014

Well helloooooo.

This week Hermana Morales and I received some very sad news... one of our investigators passed away.  Paola was a woman that we had been visiting for probably a month or so, but stopped visiting because she was interned in a rehab clinic. She was trying, for the fourth time in her life, to overcome her drug addiction.  After a few weeks interned, she passed away.  We could hardly believe it.  She was so young, poor thing. It`s in these moments that we are especially grateful for the plan of salvation and the knowledge that we have.

This week I was a little bit sick, so I spent a day and a half in the apartment.  Needless to say, when I left, I felt so liberated to leave those four walls.

Hermana Morales and I had our first divisions this week as hermana lider entrenadoras.  It was an adventure, working with a new sister.  As HLEs we have the responsability to help the sisters strengthen their area and give them counsel on what things they can improve.  I certainly feel humbled with having the responsibility to help the other sisters, but I feel like I`m learning a lot.  We`ll be having another division this week, and this time I`ll be working with a Northamerican, just the two of us.  This will be the first time in all my time in Argentina!  How weird.

In other news, this week our plans for our baptism fell through and the baptismal date for our dear investigator, Marco, got changed for two more weeks.  That means that we should be having three baptisms in the last weekend of March.  That should be an adventure.

I believe that`s all for this week!  Cuidense!  Les amo!

Hermana Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment