Saturday, March 8, 2014

20 January 2014

And thus begins a new chapter in the mission of Hermana Walton.... I am now in PADUA!  With the lovely Chileana, Hermana Morales!  And I absolutely love it here.

It`s actually a funny story.... we had divisions from December 31 to January 1 and I came here to Padua to work as my companion stayed in Caseros to work with a sister training leader.  So I actually was already here a couple of weeks ago.  And I absolutely loved my little bit of time here.  I absolutely fell in love with Padua and it was one of the places that I really wanted to serve. But when we got to the transfers meeting, Hermana Morales and her old companion, Hermana Silva, were there and said that they didn`t have transfers... so when we were in the reunion and their area came up on the screen, it was a surprise to see that I would be taking the place of Hermana Silva!  But I am so happy to be here.

We had a baptism this week, for a 12-year-old girl named Milagros (which means miracles).  It was a lovely service with all of her cousins and siblings there.  It was a day to remember.  And that was just ONE of the miracles we saw this week!

We are teaching a woman right now that is SUPER great.  The sisters contacted her in the street on January 1st (after I had left the area...) but since then they hadn`t been able to see her much.  They left her with the Book of Mormon last week, and this week when we passed by, she was already reading in 2 Nephi!!!! She`s so hungry to know more.  She and her son, Ticiano, came to church this week.  Ticiano is 10 years old and absolutely LOVED primary... he didn`t want to sit with us during sacrament meeting because he wanted to be with his new friends!  We invited them to be baptized on February 2nd (which happens to be my birthday!), so we`ll see what happens.

Anyways, I`m happy and all is well.  I feel like I`m at home here in Padua with so many loving people.

I hope everyone is well and I`ll try to send pictures next week!

Love,
Hermana Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment