Sunday, June 2, 2013

May 9, 2013 - Transfer to LA - final week in MTC

Hola, familia y amigos!

This week has been good, although kind of really weird. My entire district (minus me and Hermana Reid, my current companion) left earlier this week for the reassigned missions. Our classroom feels so desolate without them. I had no idea how hard it would be to say goodbye to all of them. I really do love my district and I'm so glad I'll get to see all of them in Argentina.

Our experience this week as a two-person district has been weird. We're supposed to be combining with another district in our zone, but our teachers still wanted to teach us, so we've been having our own classes. It's been really nice to have such personal assistance and instruction with our language and our teaching skills. As sad as it is being in a nearly empty classroom, it's been nice that we get to set the pace. I've been trying to make the best of my time in the MTC, although it's been difficult, because I'm kind of antsy to go! But our devotional this Sunday was by Chad Lewis, some NFL football player that is LDS. It was surprisingly really good. He talked a lot overcoming hard things, which is relevant to everyone always, I think.

Now for the much anticipated news.... I got my reassignment! I'll be serving in the Louisiana Baton Rouge mission! I am leaving the MTC at 3 am on Tuesday. I can't believe I'm going to the deep South, but I am so stoked about it. I know there's lots of work for me to do down there.
Anyways, I think that's about it for this week. I love you all. Thank you for your continual support and prayers. 

Con amor,
Hermana Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment