Sunday, June 16, 2013

June 10 2013

This has been quite the week.  First of all, I got to go to Girls Camp!  That's right, another year.  Okay, well technically I only went up for an evening, but get this:  we went for their testimony meeting, and my companions and I got to sing for them!   It gets better... we sang "I Am His Daughter" and I accompanied on guitar.  Uh-huh, three years runnin'.  It was so cool to be able to carry on that experience into my mission and share that with the young women here.  They're so sweet and it was great to see their reactions as they were touched by that song.

That was really cool, but that wasn't even the highlight of my week.  We have a baptism date set for two of our investigators!  They're actually the other sisters' investigators, but I've taught them a couple of times, too, and they're the sweetest.  I was in the lesson that we gave them the baptismal date, because we were on exchanges.  It's a mother and daughter from Belize and they are just incredible. 

I also had a very interesting experience this week helping a hoarder move out of his house.  I've never seen a house so full of stuff.  There was just stuff everywhere.  Hermana Rohm and I were literally sifting through garbage: old plastic bags, food containers, paper towels, and more.  It was not exactly pleasant, but it was incredible to see the transformation of his house within just a few hours. There's still a lot to do and we'll probably be back there this week as well to help out.

Sorry for how frantic this probably is... my time is tight today, and I've only shared a portion of my adventures this week!  But I hope everyone is well and I send my love to you all.

Until next time,

Hermana Walton


P.S.  According to the Buenos Aires West mission blog, they're supposed to be getting tons of new missionaries in in the coming week or two!  Apparently the issues that the Church was having with visas got resolved and the process is picking up.  I could be out sooner than I thought, but I guess we'll see next week!  I don't know if I'm prepared to leave yet, but whatever happens is for the best, I'm sure.




3 comments:

  1. "I Am His Daughter" One of my favorites -especially with my girls singing it! I am sure the Spirit was so strong! How wonderful for you! You are such an amazing sister! I love to read your letters! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woops- did you get Marissa's tshirt?? it was so cute!

      Delete
  2. Oregon Mom ~ assuming you are Marissa's mother...you are probably aware that Lauren will not receive your comments until she returns from her mission Sept 2014.

    ReplyDelete