Sunday, June 2, 2013

May 2, 2013

Hola familia,
 
How's everyone doing?  Is dad doing any better?  I really appreciate all the dear elders to keep me up to date.  I'm sad that I might not be able to receive those come another few days, but I'm grateful for any updates! 
 
I got your package this week.  Thank you so much, that was very sweet of you!  I'm currently working on some letters home to all of you individually.  I really enjoyed getting to hear from you all in the package and via my phone call.
 
I should be receiving my new mission call today, with any luck!  My visa hasn't come, so I'll be reassigned.  My companion received her reassignment yesterday... she's going to Portland, Oregon!  I told her I was envious and that she's extremely lucky.  Two elders in my district got called to Boise, Idaho... I'm hoping that means that all of the reassignments for Idaho are already done and that I've dodged that bullet... I mean blessing.  I love Idaho.
 
This week has been kind of a weird one.  Other than the news from home, which made a few days a little bit rough, our schedule got completely switched around.  Our Preparation day was changed to Thursdays instead of Tuesdays, which is why I'm emailing today instead of two days ago.  Sorry for the scare!  It's made things interesting.  We also have had a lot of changes with our teachers.  My favorite teacher, Hermana Coleman, got a promotion, so for our last week in the MTC, we have a brand new teacher and new investigator.   The typical 6-week MTC missionary has 2-3 investigators they teach.  Our teachers have been gone so much or our schedule has been so weird that we've had probably 6-8 different investigators.  It's been crazy.  But I guess it's good practice regardless.
 
Despite the crazy schedule, my companion and I committed one of our investigators to baptism this week!  Our second one!  It was pretty exciting.  But that might be the last chance we had to teach him, soo.... that's kind of a bummer.  But it's all good.
 
At this point, I'm just ready to get out into the field, so I'll let you all know as soon as I get my reassignment!  My spanish is not perfect, but it's improving every day. I think it will be a whole new challenge when I'm actually speaking to native speakers. 
 
I love you all and hope you're doing well!  I send you my love and you're in my prayers!  I know my work is blessing the lives of other people and I can't wait to get out to the field.
 
With love,
 
Hermana Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment