Monday, January 13, 2014

13 January 2014

So this week was a bit of a tough one.  My companion was sick for about three or four days and my foot has been bothering me, so we were moving a bit slower this week.
One of the highlights of my week was the opportunity I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting.  I was assigned the subject of testimonies, which was great.  More than anything it was about how we can become converted to the gospel and how that can be a great support for us during our trials.  I´m so grateful for the knowledge I have that this life isn´t all, that my Heavenly Father has a plan for us and that we can have so much more happiness in this life if we live in the way that God wants us to live.  My testimony really is my foundation and is what drives me and helps me have a desire to share that happiness with other people, even on the hardest days.
In our ward here, we have a woman who is just incredible, Hermana Patricia.  She is the type of person that never tires of giving.  Okay, she tires, because she spreads herself out too thin, but she is willing to give her all for someone to lift them up and help them.  We have an investigator right now that is in need of a lot of help for lots of reasons, and we felt like we needed to bring Hermana Patricia with us to visit her.  I think it´s very possible that this our investigator´s life is just about saved because of the help this woman is willing to give her.  She is such an example of Christ-like love for me.

This week we have transfers.  This transfer has gone by so quickly.  I can hardly believe that it´s ending.  We´ll see what happens next week.
Anyways, I think that´s all for this week.  Hope you´re all well!
Love,
Hermana Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment