Wednesday, April 2, 2014

24 March 2014

Yeah, that`s right.  I`m about to complete one year as a missionary.  And yes, I`m telling alllll of the world.  I can hardly believe that it`s been a year since I was in the great northwest.

To celebrate my year mark, today my companion and I are going to go eat at.... BURGER KING.  Yeah.  The first and only time since I`ve been in Utah.  But I now eat beef, so we`re going to go buy ourselves hamburgers. That`s something that nobody ever expected to hear.

Also, this week we should be having three baptisms, which is a very lovely thing.  My queridos amigos are very excited and we are very excited for them.

This week we had divisions again. They can be a bit complicated.  But it makes me very grateful to be in the situation that I`m in, with the companion that I have. We`re very happy together, Hermana Morales and I.

Hermana Morales and I were talking a good amount this week about how our perspectives as missionaries really are broadened.  So much of the time in our day to day life we have such a narrow perspective of the world around us and are so centered on our own needs and problems.  But as missionaries we enter into the homes and lives of tons of people every week and listen to their problems... then it`s our duty to help them resolve those problems and find comfort through the gospel.  I really am grateful that I have that guidance in my life.  We have a much broader understanding of how life really is and that we`re not the only ones with problems.  But if we can support them well, all will go alright.

Anyways, I think that`s about it for this week.  Sorry if it doesn`t seem very coherent, but those are my thoughts for now.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment