Friday, July 19, 2013

July 8, 2013


Hello!
First of all, shout out to the lovely Emma Simpson for receiving her mission call to the Washington Vancouver mission!  I want to cry, I am so excited that one of my favorite people gets to finally experience the glories of the great Northwest for herself!  Love you, Sister Simpson!  You can do anything good!  Better than anyone!  ;)

This week, to be perfectly honest, was a bit of a rough one.  Hermana Costa and I didnt see the success we were hoping for and we had several cancelled appointments and plenty of slammed doors.  But despite that, we had some really great experiences as well.
The first was that we got to participate in a Capilla Abierta (open house of the church) in a neighboring area. Basically we held tours of the church and taught mini lessons about our beliefs.  It was really incredible to be able to just teach and share our beliefs with others.  It was very simple, but wonderful.  We got to meet a lot of really great people as well.
The second was today.  We had a specialized training for the new missionaries and their trainers today.  Although it took a bit part of our P day, it was well worth it.  I was able to finally have a personal interview with President Carter and talk to him a bit and get to know him.  He is great.  On top of that, he talked to us as a group and addressed many of the concerns that many of us newer missionaries were having, as well as how we can be more effective in the work.  Hermana Costa and I walked away feeling much more excited and ready to work hard this week.  We were able to recognize several of our weaknesses and are dedicated to becoming better.
I realized that I never sent my new address, so here it is!  Of course I would love to hear from everyone!

Iglesia S.U.D.
Hermana Lauren Jane Walton (Make sure its my full name)
Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste
C.C. 92
1702 Ciudadela
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment