Friday, July 19, 2013

July 15, 2013

Hello!

First of all, mom, I got your Dear Elder!  Woo!  That means, SEND ME DEAR ELDERS.  EVERYONE.  That's the first letter I've received since I arrived here, and now that we know that I can for sure receive them, I expect a flood. 

Anyways.... this week was super short.  I don't really know why it went by so quickly, but it feels like we just had P-day yesterday and here we are again.  

Hermana Costa and I didn't have as much success this week as we maybe wanted, but that's okay.  We are working hard and are going to work even harder this week.  We're trying to find new people to teach, but it's funny how people don't really like to let strangers into their houses.  We've learned this week, again, how absolutely essential it is that we have the help and support of the members in our ward to assist in the work.  I hope everyone is doing all they can to help the missionaries out, because it really does make a difference.

In other news, I think I have officially become accustomed to Argentina.  Okay, maybe not.  But I have eaten milanesa (basically chicken-fried chicken or steak), empanadas, and alfajores for pretty much every meal all week.  I really actually enjoy Argentine food, which is good because that's all they eat here.  

This pictures this week are of a pile of alfajores that we have received from members.  They really love alfajores here, which is a type of cookie that usually has dulce de leche in the center.  The other picture is of milanesa.

Hope you're all well! 



No comments:

Post a Comment