Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 16, 2013



Hola!
This has been a crazy week, but so good.   I've seen a lot of progress this week, and a lot of difficulties.  But opposition in everything, right?


We met with the Argentine consolate earlier this week to get some final stuff worked out for our visas.  We don't know how long it's going to take to get the visas processed, but with any luck they'll be done by early May.  If not then we'll be temporarily reassigned to a mission somewhere in the States.  I used think that would be really terrible, but now I think it could actually be pretty fun.  I hear that as a state-side Spanish speaking missionary, you kind of speak more of Spanglish than pure Spanish, so it could be a really nice transition.

Concerning the Argentine mailing system, I guess that the mailing system is pretty reliable, but a bit slower than the US.  And I hear most packages make it to their destination in tact.  The nice thing is that all of the mail goes through the capitol, Buenos Aires, and so that means mine is faster than most areas!  Yay!
This week has actually been pretty good.  I'm feeling better about my language with each lesson and understanding more.  I really like doing TRC, which is where we go share a message with a member rather than a fake investigator.  We had two TRCs yesterday.  Both of the people we taught were native speakers.  It's great practice with the language and also just great to meet new people!

We tried our first door approach this week.  It was a bit rocky, but the person was pretty kind and receptive and probably nothing like a real door approach, but great.
The week was a bit rough for my companion.  She was feeling a bit discouraged about the language, so I've been trying to focus more on what I can do to help her.  It's hard to find the balance between helping her develop her language skills and continuing to develop my own, but I know that if I don't focus on myself, it'll come easier.
I got a haircut today.  I'll try to send pictures.  It's pretty short. Mom, you gave me an excellent haircut, but short hair is much more manageable, so hopefully this will make my 20 minutes to get ready in the morning a little simpler.
Anyways, that's basically been my week.  The MTC is a bit of an emotional rollercoaster sometimes, but I'm learning so much and getting pushed and stretched in unforseeable ways.

I love you all and thank you for your continual support.
Sincerely,
Hermana Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment