Tuesday, August 6, 2013

July 29, 2013


So something sort of weird happened this week.  On two separate occasions, people asked me if I am from Brazil.  In case you're wondering what Brazillians look like, it's not me.  Maybe I'm starting to pick up my companion's accent. Either that, or she's been teaching me Portugese in leiu of Spanish and I just didn't know.  Uh-oh.

Okay, so something really weird that I just realized this week... I'm about 1/4 done with my mission!  Whaaaat?!  I can't believe that.  This week was the final week of my first transfer here in Argentina.  Transfers are this Wednesday, so we'll see if I stick around in Caseros for a bit longer, or get moved.
We had an incredible week. We really saw miracles.  We had a lot of bumps in the road and a lot of change of plans last minute, but we had more success this week than ever before.
One thing I've learned this week is the importance of goals and working diligently to achieve them.  I've struggled with that before, but this week Hermana Costa and I were really dedicated to achieving them.  We had a goal to teach 15 lessons this week, and it came down to the wire.  We needed to be in our apartment by 8:30 on Sunday night, and we had 14 lessons at 8:00.  We really wanted to achieve our goal, but had no idea how to do it.  We decided to head in down a street to visit a woman we met Saturday night... while we were heading there, Hermana Costa all of a sudden paused, looked to her left, and exclaimed "Juan!" We were in front of a house that we had passed a thousand times to visit a man we met there, but he was never home.  WELL, he was home that night!  We taught him and met our goal!
I am out of time, but I love you all and hope you're well!
Until next week,
Hermana Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment